Celebrate 38! Thank you Kingfield Businesses and Artists!
Thank you Kingfield Businesses and Artists! This festival has been revamped in 2013 to celebrate the finished construction on Nicollet Avenue! Visit here for more info on the Experience Nicollet Celebration!
EXPERIENCE 38th Street, the corridor that has connected our communities from the East to the West, from the River to the Lakes, for over a century!
Saturday, September 29th, 2012
It’s time once again for us to celebrate this community corridor! Activities are in the works at 38th & Grand & 38th & Nicollet from 11 AM to 2 PM, followed by Happy Hour on Victor’s patio for those that want to relax after all the fun! Come enjoy music, dance, food, fun, special sales, prizes, and surprises with your neighbors on 38th Street .
So far the party at 38th & Nicollet, 11 am – 2 PM includes:
- HOURCAR will answer your questions about their car-sharing service at the 38th & Nicollet Hub and maybe even offer rides!
- Doorprizes offered by local businesses including a $100 gift certificate from BANGbang, $50 gift card from Nicollet Ace Hardware, $50 from Quality Coaches, and a gift card from Blackbird Café too!
- Chair massages provided by Julie Mueller of Mueller Orthopedic and Medical Massage Craniosacral Therapy
- Furniture sale at Salvation Army
- Sidewalk sale of cool stuff at Urban Outlet
- Fresh baked cookies at The Aliveness Project
- Nicollet Pothole and Crème Fraiche Curry Crunch Ice-cream provided by The Lander Group
- Hotdogs and loads of old-timey music including bagpipes and accordions from Nicollet Ace Hardware
- 38 cent Slushies at Best Foods
- Duck Pond with prizes at Blackbird Café
- Bouncy House provided by Mulroy’s Body Shop
- Kidspeed Activity Stations by InnerCity Tennis in MLK Park
- Ribs grilled on site by Finer Meats
- Face painting and temporary tattoos from Twin City Tattoo
- Bicycle Check-ups by Recovery Bike and bike-related bling from Bike Walk Move
- $15 haircuts and $5 braids for kids 12 and under from BANGbang
- Classic MG Car display from Quality Coaches
- Photo booth by Southwest Minneapolis Patch
& the party at 38th & Grand includes:
- Community Conversations with Tracine: Our Vote Our Future. Vote NO on Voter Restriction on NOvember 6 bling available including Bumperstickers = $3. each/ Buttons = $2. each/ Reserve a lawn sign
Healing Touch Therapy with Greg Heaton Hill
- Organic produce for sale by Petersen Flowers
- Alleyway Arts leads hand-on art making for kids and kids-at-heart. Papermaking? Printmaking? Come be surprised!
- Mini Home Design Consults (between 10 & 4!) by Cy Winship Design & Your Style reDesigned, both previous HGTV designers, + Designer Sample Sale Flea Market
- Handmade purses and 2nd-hand jewelry sale at Peter Pan Cleaners
- Aalim School of Dance belly dancing demo and workshop 11:30
- Eight Gates Tai Chi demonstration at 12:00
- Kung Fu demonstration at 12:30 and free Adult and Kid trial classes at 12:00 and 1:00 by Golden Leopard
- Guitartist and vocalist Andrew Young, student at Devin Hill Studios at 1 PM at the Digs Studio Lot
- Hands-on ‘Foam Rolling‘ with Marianna Padilla. Foam Rolling provides many of the benefits of a myofacial massage, a body work technique helping to soften and lengthen the fascia and break down scar tissue or adhesions between skin, muscles and bones
- Kid’s Craft Sale in back of Digs Studio
- Ice-Cream, Sno-cones, and other goodies from Grand Café
- Stop in at Sugar Sugar and say “38 Rocks!” and receive 10% of your purchase
- Dance and music provided by artists housed at the Center for Performing Arts
- A treasure hunt at local businesses
- Mobile welding at the Chicago Fire Arts Center
- and more…see the flier!
…& finish the afternoon with drink specials on Victor’s patio from 2:30-4:30!