Kingfield E-Notice: 11/18/2009
1. MPS Area C /Zone 3 Meeting, Thursday Nov. 19, 6:30 PM, San Miguel School
2. KFNA Green Committee Meeting, Thursday Nov. 19, 7:00 PM, MLK Park
3. Kingfield Farmers’ Market Holiday Market, Nov. 22, 8:30 AM- 1 PM, Rau+Barber
4. Garfield Holiday Art Bazaar, Dec. 5 and 6, 4017 Garfield Ave
5. Minneapolis Public School Open Houses, various schools at various times
6. Studio Bricolage Holiday Party & Gift Making, Dec. 4 and Mixology Dec. 5
Also…the KFNA Redevelopment Committee Meeting CANCELLED for November due to Thanksgiving. December’s meeting will likely be delayed too, due to Christmas.
1) Area C Parent Advisory Council
Date: Thursday November 19, 2009
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 P.M.
Location: San Miguel Middle School, 3800 Pleasant Ave. South
Childcare Provided / Interpretation Services in Spanish and Somali
Welcome and Introductions – meet your DPAC representatives and alternates for 2009-2010
Overview of grade-level curriculum expectations
Overview of school placement changes for 2010-2011
Q&A – Dr. Marianne Norris, Associate Superintendent
*student placement staff will be available to answer questions about school choices for 2010-2011
The Area C Parent Council is a parent group that aims to collect the voice of MPS Area C parents, to build community among Area C parents and to create a channel of communication between Area C parents, the District Parent Advisory Council (DPAC) and district leadership.
Questions? Contact Gael Elli, Community Liaison at Gael.Ellis@mpls.k12.mn.us
2) The KFNA Green Committee meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday to discuss and implement environmental awareness, advocacy, and participation projects. Join us at MLK Park on Nov. 19 and get involved in greening your neighborhood.
Questions? Contact Sarah Linnes-Robinson, KFN Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
3) ‘Tis the Time of Year for the Kingfield Holiday Market
Gifts and food. Regulars, and special guests.
Sunday Nov. 22, 8:30 AM -1 PM
Rau+Barber Studio, 4244 Nicollet
Contact email@example.com for information
4) 1st Annual Art on Garfield Holiday Art Bazaar
Start (and potentially finish!) your holiday shopping by joining us for the 1st Annual Art on Garfield Holiday Art Bazaar on Friday, December 5 from 10 AM to 2 PM and on Saturday, December 6 from 9 AM to 3 PM. The sale will be located at 4017 Garfield Avenue South, Minneapolis, 55409 and will be hosted by several (really creative!) women from the Kingfield community.
Bring your friends, your family, your cash, and your check books. You won’t be disappointed because there will be something for everyone! Go to www.artongarfield.blogspot.com for more information and images of some of the items we will be selling. Happy Shopping!
Questions? Contact Brenda at 612.825.7756
5) Minneapolis Public School Open Houses—
Armatage Montessori—a public magnet school choice for all Southwest families
Information Open Houses
Dec. 1 from 6-8 PM.
2501 West 56th Street, MPL S, MN 55410
Childcare and pizza provided—no RSVP required.
Individual tours can be set up by calling school at 612.668.3180.
Whittier International Elementary School—
International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program for grades High 5- Grade 5
Join us for an Informational OPEN HOUSE
Thursday, December 3, 2009
315 West 26th St, Minneapolis
To schedule a tour of the school call 612-668-4170
Tours are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings 10:30 am
6) Studio Bricolage, the adult program of Leonardo’s Basement, holds FIRST FRIDAY building parties each month. The cost is $10 including building material, snacks and beverages. More information at www.studiobricolage.org
Holiday Party & Gift Making
Friday, December 4, 7-10 PM
Celebrate the end of the year with fellow makers, crafters and tinkers. Join us to make yummy food, jewelry and custom cookie cutters.
MIXOLOGY: The Art & Science of Drink
Saturday, December 5, 3:00-5:00 PM
$45, limit 50 guests. Register at http://www.studiobricolage.org/mixology
Studio Bricolage is partnering with Bradstreet Craftshouse Restaurant at the 601 Graves Hotel in downtown Minneapolis to teach you and your friends how to make (and create) perfect cocktails.
The Kingfield Neighborhood Association (KFNA) manages this List for the purpose of informing neighbors of events and issues that directly affect Kingfield neighborhood. This list is never shared nor sold to any other organizations. Kingfield is defined as 35W to Lyndale Avenue South and from 36th Street through 46th Street. All List recipients are invited to share neighborhood news with other members by sending messages to firstname.lastname@example.org; please indicate in the subject line that it is a message for the Kingfield E-mail List. All messages will be screened and no commercial or political messages will be posted. The List Administrator will make the final decision as to the relevancy of all messages before they are posted to the Kingfield E-mail List. Many messages concerning neighborhood issues or questions we will simply answer directly, rather than posting to the entire list, or may be posted on our web/blog at http://www.kingfield.org.