We’re getting close to the end of the construction season so lots of pieces of the project are coming together. Thomas and Sons is continuing the work in the 3500 block. The current schedule, weather dependent:
- Sidewalk work starting October 26
- Add black dirt in the boulevard areas Monday (October 29th)
- Finish Sidewalk work Tuesday (October 30th)
- Pave last layer of asphalt Wednesday (October 31st)
Minneapolis Traffic has been working on the permanent signals at 35th and 34th Streets. They may also remove some of the temporary poles on the north end of the project area. When the temporary poles are removed in the 2012 project area, they may begin setting them up in the 2013 project area.
When will the trees get planted? Minneapolis Park Board intends to plant all the trees in the 2012 project area at the same time. This means the trees will likely be planted next spring.
- On-site project inspector Bob Schmidt 651-308-3805- Call Bob if you have immediate issues on the project.
- Project Engineer Beverly Warmka 612-673-3762- Call Bev if you have general questions regarding the project.
- Project business liaison Erik Hansen 612-673-5022- Call Erik if you have questions relating to your business and the project.
UP-COMING MEETINGS Stakeholder construction updates Public Works will hold stakeholder construction update meetings on Tuesdays at 11am at the Lyndale Neighborhood Association office, 3537 Nicollet Ave. If you have any questions regarding the project, feel free to contact me, Beverly Warmka, Project Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-673-3762 Additional information regarding the project can be found on the project website at http://www.minneapolismn.gov/cip/all/cip_nicollet31-40_index Information regarding business assistance during road construction information can be found at: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/business/WCMS1P-089716 or you may contact Erik Hansen, Project Business Liaison, at email@example.com or 612-673-5022. For businesses who want to request “open for business” sign. Erik Hansen (612) 673-5022 can work directly with the businesses to address these needs. The City has relaxed signage restrictions and eliminated permits for Nicollet Ave businesses affect by construction. You may subscribe to future emails at: https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/MPLS/subscriber/new?topic_id=MPLS_169 As always, thanks for your continued time and interest on this project. Beverly Warmka, P.E.