Many gatherings, protests, and events will be happening in the coming days.Â It is important for you to particpate in these actions of protest, healing and support. However, it is important to particpate in ways that keep your own body safe, and protect the safety of others with whom you are gathering.
Please follow these Safe Protest Practices:
- attend with a friend and designate a meeting place if you get separated,
- let another friend or your family know where you are going,
- write your name and number and an emergency contactâ€™s name and number on your arm.
- bring your fully charged cell phone and a mobile charger,
- wear a good quality face mask and consider bringing safety goggles,
- bring drinking water and a snack,
- strip down your wallet but include your ID and a small amount of cash,
- pack a basic first aid kit for your use, and also to assist others.
Stay aware of your surroundings and have an exit strategy. And above all else know your rights and be prepared to state them loudly and calmly.Â