Title: Equity and Justice Organizer
Classification: Full time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week, shared position between two nonprofit neighborhood associations
Salary: $35,000-$39,000 per year paid bi-weekly, depending on experience / 90-day probation period
Benefits: generous PTO + extended office break offered 2021 (additional paid holiday break 12/18/21- 1/16/22.)
Schedule: Flexible hours. Some nights and weekends required.
Location: Co-working office in the Lyndale neighborhood in South Minneapolis at 35th and Nicollet
The most important aspects of the Community Organizer position are skilled communication, empathy, and relationship-building. The primary task is to increase â€“Â and retain existing â€“Â volunteer neighbor participation at both organizations. The Community Organizer will accomplish this through sustained, coordinated effort of volunteer recruitment and retention, and close work with the Executive Director and neighbor-leadership. The position reports directly to the Executive Directors.
- Languages: comfortable with both spoken and written Spanish + English.
- Organizing Experience: time invested by living or working in a diverse community: direct organizing training or lived-experience preferred.
- Computer skills: basic data entry and graphic design, experience with email, Whatâ€™s Ap, Excel, and Word
- Communication Skills: Strong writing ability; comfortable giving presentations and leading meetings.Â Social Media skills or willingness to learn.
- Proof provided of being fully vaccinated by start date.