Saturday 1 March
Back by popular demand, it’s So Alive 3.0! Itâ€™s KFNAâ€™s third dance benefit for The Aliveness Project featuring â€˜80s and â€˜90s music! â€¨â€¨All proceeds benefit The Aliveness Project, a community center for people living with HIV/AIDS, and this time, it’s being held at their new facility in Kingfield! www.aliveness.orgâ€¨â€¨. Â All proceeds will be matched dollar for dollar by Edwards Memorial Trust.â€¨â€¨Presented by Kingfield Neighborhood Association, DJ SLT and the return of Resurrection by djoctagone with supporting partners Unity Sound Ministry LLC, Erik Brown Homes, and Victor’s 1959 Cafe.â€¨â€¨Save $2 with a non-perishable donation for The Aliveness Project’s food shelf. Cash bar. 21+ with ID. Coat check available. â€¨
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/686769591345707
Volunteers Spaces are Going Fast Sign Up to Help at So Alive 3.0!
Interested in helping staff So Alive 3.0? All volunteers must be 21+, and get to attend So Alive 3.0 for free. Sign up for available shifts at: http://www.jooners.com/guest?l=6a97d94e-4c76-499a-b6bb-ebd3a144425c
More info at:Â https://kingfield.org/so-alive/Â
The Winter KFNA Newsletter is now online, and should have arrived in your mailboxes, as well. Read it and stay up to date on all things Kingfield!
Keep your neighborhood strong by giving as local as possible on Give to the Max day, Thursday Nov. 14; giving to the Kingfield Neighborhood Association allows KFNA to be able to give back to our neighborhood in fun and helpful ways (think Empty Bowls, So Alive, Experience Nicollet Celebration & Celebrate 38, community gardens, art shows, public art projects like the Quilted Mosaics & Walldogs on Nicollet, Solarize Kingfield, and more!)
As your ultra-focused,Â Kingfield-centric community building organization that spends all of its time listening and working with you on Kingfield concerns, while also creating opportunities for neighbor collaboration and community building, weâ€™re convinced that KFNA â€œgives to the maxâ€ back to the Kingfield community!
Visit our site and Give to the Max …and see the multitude of creative and fun thank you gifts your volunteer board has put together as a way to thank you for donating on this day!
Did you know that even moderate dancing burns between 350 â€“ 450 per hour so be sure to have a bite to eat locally before the So Alive Â dancing begins (and you might as well have dessert too since the dancing goes until 2 AM!)Â Visit any of these great Kingfield hangouts and thank them for supporting The Aliveness Project and KFNA in putting on this big retro dance party!Â
- Danâ€™s in the Butter Bakery CafÃ© kitchen the evening of November 9 so all the meals will be a little extra special!Â But as added incentive, and to keep you moving and grooving at So Alive, Dan is offering free caffeine with any meal purchase (including teas, Coffee, even the Butter Blend Ice Creamâ€¦all are fine options for fully enjoying the So Alive dance until the early hours of dawn!)Â If you dine late enough, Dan will even remove his apron and don his KFNA Board Member hat and walk with you to So Alive, where he will volunteer on the late shift as a bartender!
- Stop in at Victorâ€™s 1959 CafÃ©, a So Alive 2.0 Business Sponsor, and enjoy sliced pork loin roasted in sour orange, served with sweet yams and a tropical salad for only $15.Â Due to Victorâ€™s intimate setting, be sure to make a reservation by calling 612-827-8948 or via their online reservation system.Â Victorâ€™s owner, Niki, is a consistent and dedicated supporter of The Aliveness Project and a key partner in this event so be sure to let her know that you appreciate her support when dining there on November 9, or when you see her on the dance floor at So Alive later in that evening!
- Mention you are attending So Alive 2.0 when you visit Kingâ€™s Wine Bar on November 9 and Molly and Sam will donate $2 off all tap beer or wine by the glass with the purchase of a meal to The Aliveness Project! They are also donating a case of wine to the So Alive 2.0 Dance Party to keep us all dancing all night longâ€”thank you, Kingâ€™s!
- As a So Alive 2.0 Supporting Business,Â The Lowbrow,Â Â is excited to Â welcome The Aliveness Project to Kingfield Nieghborhood andÂ offer a So Alive special before you head over to the dance party! Â Just Â mentionÂ to your wait staff that you are going to So Alive, and The Lowbrow will donateÂ $2 of your dessert purchase directly to the Aliveness Project! Desserts this weekend featureÂ the new Pumpkin TresÂ Leches Cake or their famous Chocolate Stout Cake!
- As the new next door neighbor to The Aliveness Project, Blackbird Cafe is (of course!) offering a So Alive dinner special as well! Â Chris and Gail just aren’t sure exactly what they want to serve tomorrow yet so just ask when you visit them on Saturday Nov 9, or check back here later and see if we have an update!!
- Update!Â Anodyne CoffeehouseÂ is serving an Irish Breakfast Stew special. It’s a traditional lamb stew made with farm fresh lamb, barley and stout beer served with grilled bread and tomatoes topped with a fried egg! They will also donate $2 of every affogato dessert directly to the Aliveness Project. You can choose any of the Sebastian Joe’s ice cream (their vanilla bean or salty caramel are fabulous this way) and we top it with two shots of espresso for a dessert to keep you dancing!