Turnout is up to us. Change happens because of us. To the question, “How can I help? Where do I start?” neighbors have answered, “I show up.” Come join, and by the time polls close on November 7th, we can say we spoke to 1,000 neighbors.
We’re rallying from November 4th – 7th, with multiple shifts (and food!) available. We’ll meet at:
Sign up through this link. It’s SUPER important you sign up, and sign up before Thursday 11/2/17 at 5pm, since there’ll be no way to know how many folks we’ve spoken to unless you’ve put down your name. All volunteers, remember to choose “LYNDALE” as the organization you’re coming through.
Yet, even so, in municipal election years (like 2017) our voting population drops to half. Convinced we can do better, KFNA is working on a number of strategies to increase voter turnout in our neighborhood, and our broader community. Interested in door knocking? Just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org !
- Host a Yard Sign!
- Support the Kingfield Votes Yard Sign Campaign and a financial contribution here: https://www.gofundme.com/kingfield-votes-yardsign-campaign
Kingfield is a neighborhood of Voters! Yet, even so, in municipal election years (like 2017) our voting population drops to half. Convinced we can do better, KFNA is working on a number of strategies to increase voter turnout in our neighborhood, and our broader community. Sign up to help on any of the following efforts or contact KFNA at email@example.com and let us know your availability and interests!
- Host a Yard Sign!
- Support the Kingfield Votes Yard Sign Campaign! Make a financial contribution here: https://www.gofundme.com/kingfield-votes-yardsign-campaign
- Participate in Doorknocking Saturdays, 1-3 PM, every Saturday until the election. Contact KFNA Board Member Dan Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Volunteer at the Kingfield Polling Party at MLK Park on Election Day!
- Still not sure who to vote for? Watch last week’s recent Mayoral Forum on Racial and Economic Disparities
This Thursday, Kingfield will have our first joint door-knock with the Lyndale, Bryant, and Central neighborhood organizations. We will be knocking on the doors of infrequent voters, talking to them about the upcoming election and the issues they think candidates should address.
Come join us at the following door-knocking events over the next two weeks!
- Thursday, Sept 7 from 5:30-8:30 PM;
- Tuesday, Sept 12 from 6-9 PM;
- Thursday, Sept 14 from 5:30-8:30 PM.
We will meet up at the Lyndale Neighborhood Association office at 3537 Nicollet Ave S.
If you’re able to make it, email email@example.com or go to https://goo.gl/jAncFx to sign up.