Please read the latest information to neighbors on COVID-19 from KFNA.
Se puede leer la información última acerca de COVID-19 de Kingfield Neighborhood Association.
The following resource list was put together by the University of Minnesota Medical School Program in Health Disparities Research. As in previous health emergencies, this crisis will disproportionately impact communities most marginalized by structural, social and economic inequities. It is broken up into useful topics including, in part, Food & Utilities, Families & Education, Employment, Housing, and Finances. It is a working document and will be updated as additional resources are identified.
Kingfield volunteers have been hard at work helping KFNA by compiling data to share with their neighbors adjusting to this new quarantine. This includes the chart below with details for all our local and loved Kingfield restaurants and cafes, including their adjusted hours, delivery and pick-up opportunities, and online gift-card purchase links. Thanks to neighbors Sara Kelly and Evan Bretzman for collaborating to create this information together.
You can continue supporting our small business community by purchasing gift cards at our local businesses, ideally over the phone or online. It is an easy way to support them with critical cash flow during this crisis, allowing you to redeem them later when the virus spread has subsided.
Also, here is a comparison of grocery pick-up and delivery options. Thanks to neighbors Amy Opseth and Brad Hilsabeck for collaborating to create this chart.
As our situation changes and grocers options change, if you see updates that need to be made to this chart please contact email@example.com.
Also: If you are looking for ways to help in the community please visit this link of local nonprofits working on the front lines of helping to feed and support individuals and families in this time. Thank you volunteer Brad Hilsabeck for helping KFNA compile this list!
Boomerang Bag Sewists have Switched Gears and are now Sewing Face Masks: as of 4/7/2020, volunteers have delivered 240 masks of 939 requests.
We need more Sewists! Kingfield Boomerang Bags and Boomerang Bags Minneapolis have set two online forms: One for Clinics to request masks, and one for Sewists (Sewing+Activists) to request supplies and arrange for the pick-up of completed masks to the clinics.
Clinics Sign up Here! If your clinic (not for individuals) needs homemade masks, please let our volunteer sewists know here: https://bit.ly/MasksforHealthClinics.
Sewists Sign Up Here! If you are sewing masks, and need supplies or need to have completed masks picked-up please use this link. Please place masks in a plastic bag and write the number of masks on the bag in Sharpie (so they don’t have to be recounted). bit.ly/MaskPickUp
Related Blog Posts
- Although SOME Polling places are changing due to pandemic, ALL Kingfielders STILL vote at MLK PARK (7/15/2020)
- Revised 2020 Budget: Public Hearings Scheduled for July 14 and 22 (7/14/2020)
- Minneapolis Public Schools Extends Free Meals to Children through August 21 (7/13/2020)
- Keeping Children Fed This Summer (7/6/2020)
- Free COVID-19 Testing (6/22/2020)
- What is one thing you are going to do to create the more equitable and just city that we all desire? (6/18/2020)
- Looking for Ways to Help Our City & Community? (5/29/2020)
- Free COVID-19 Testing this Weekend (5/23/2020)
- Grocery Distribution Event for All Households In-Need (5/12/2020)
- Still Sewing Masks? Help the Boomerang Sewists Help Local Healthcare Workers! (4/30/2020)
- DEED begins making Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) payments to self-employed & independent contractors (4/28/2020)
- Boomerang Bag Sewists have delivered 1720 masks to local clinics (4/28/2020)
- 2020 Census (4/23/2020)
- City of Minneapolis Housing Gap Fund Opens at 9 AM Today (4/22/2020)
- Did you know, that when you speak to the TREES they speak back to YOU? (4/19/2020)
- Minneapolis $3 Million Housing Gap Funds (4/18/2020)
- Do You Need Help Paying your Energy Bill? (4/16/2020)
- Grocery Distribution Event for All Households In-Need (4/16/2020)
- Considering Stimulating the Economy by Donating to Local Nonprofits? (4/16/2020)
- Tune in to weekly cultural radio programs for latest information on COVID-19 (4/15/2020)