Please read the latest information to neighbors on COVID-19 from KFNA.
The following resource list was put together by the University of Minnesota Medical School Program in Health Disparities Research. As in previous health emergencies, this crisis will disproportionately impact communities most marginalized by structural, social and economic inequities. It is broken up into useful topics including, in part, Food & Utilities, Families & Education, Employment, Housing, and Finances.
It is a working document and will be updated as additional resources are identified: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w5rNLRPqIMURzGAP0gGTwILrbvzsG242O_A5gN7kX20/edit
Kingfield volunteers have been hard at work helping KFNA by compiling data to share with their neighbors adjusting to this new quarantine. This includes the chart below with details for all our local and loved Kingfield restaurants and cafes, including their adjusted hours, delivery and pick-up opportunities, and online gift-card purchase links. Thanks to neighbors Sara Kelly and Evan Bretzman for collaborating to create this information together.
You can continue supporting our small business community by purchasing gift cards at our local businesses, ideally over the phone or online. It is an easy way to support them with critical cash flow during this crisis, allowing you to redeem them later when the virus spread has subsided.
Also, here is a comparison of grocery pick-up and delivery options. Thanks to neighbors Amy Opseth and Brad Hilsabeck for collaborating to create this chart.
As our situation changes and grocers options change, if you see updates that need to be made to this chart please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Related Blog Posts
- COVID-19 Resource Links Published by the U of M Medical School Program in Health Disparities Research (3/28/2020)
- It’s OK to call for Help (3/27/2020)
- Apply Now for Unemployment Benefits (3/27/2020)
- Disaster Loans & Immediate Financial Support for Small Businesses Now Available (3/26/2020)
- Thank you neighbors for Stepping forward as Block Contacts: Still Seeking a Few (3/26/2020)
- Ward 8 Letter Regarding COVID-19 (3/25/2020)
- Executive Order Signed to Suspend Evictions Statewide (3/25/2020)
- LET METRO MOBILITY PICK UP YOUR GROCERY ORDER (3/24/2020)
- Being Outdoors is Good But Leave Room for Neighbors to Pass you (3/23/2020)
- Online Chart of Kingfield Restaurant Hours; Support our local business community! (3/20/2020)
- Comparison of Minneapolis Grocery Delivery & Pick-up Options (3/19/2020)
- Hennepin County Library Online Still Open During Coronavirus Self-Quarantine (3/19/2020)
- KFNA Needs a Block Contact on Every Block (3/18/2020)
- Support Kingfield’s local business community (3/17/2020)
- KFNA is canceling events involving food and direct person-to-person contact until further notice (3/12/2020)
- Kingfield Neighborhood Association’s 2020 Board Election Moves 100% Online (3/12/2020)