- This event has passed.
Community Engagement Event @ Lake & Nicollet & Wells Fargo Site!
Jul 8th @ 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Join the 3rd Community Engagement Session on Thursday July 8.
The Theme for this weeks Community Sessions for the Lake and Nicollet, Wells Fargo redevelopment is: Culture and Community: How we use space. We will share examples of the locations around the world where public space is celebrated and ask them to share the ways that they use public space. This will be led by a diverse group of community advocates and activists.
We will also make the event available online at ZOOM. Please register for the ONLINE edition of the July 8 meeting here
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. Food will be served following COVID Safe protocols and will be available beginning at 6:00 pm. Food will be provided by Caano Kitchen and Zamaya Delicious
Background: Wells Fargo has selected a developer and is selling the land to Project for Pride in Living (PPL). The development of the 2-acre site will include at least 200 units of affordable housing, commercial space, and a branch bank of Wells Fargo. The dates for the virtual community engagement sessions are:
- Completed. June 3: Mapping Our History/Claiming Our Future. Read about the Session #1 HERE. Watch the Conversation HERE!
- Completed. June 17: Lake & Nicollet Community Aspirations: Read about Session #2 Here
- July 8 (in-person or virtual option)
- July 22 (planned for in-person)
- August 5
- August 19
- Community Presentation in September: TBD