Minneapolis is offering several free COVID-19 testing events, starting this week. While these events focus on certain communities, all are welcome to participate. The test is free, and you do not need insurance for the test.
Testing events will be held:
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at McKnight Early Childhood Family Development Center (4225 Third Ave S) focused on PICA Head Start families. Tests will be given to folks on foot or in their car. Hmong, Somali, and Spanish interpreters will be on site to help anyone who needs it. Register here.
- Tuesday, Aug. 25 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Wednesday, Aug. 26 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Cavalry Lutheran Church parking lot (3901 Chicago Ave S). This event is focused on Black, Indigenous, and communities of color. Tests will be given to folks on foot.
- Friday, Aug. 28 from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. at New Salem Baptist Church (2507 Bryant Ave N). This event is focused on the North Minneapolis community. Tests will be given to folks on foot. Register here.
- Friday, Sept. 11 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 12 from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Shiloh Temple (1201 W Broadway Ave). This event is focused on the North Minneapolis community. Register onsite.
- Saturday, Sept. 19 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, Sept. 26 from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Abubakar As-Sadique Islamic Center (2824 13th Ave S). This event is focused on the East African community. Register onsite.
Folks can expect to get their test results in about two days. If you are unable to attend these events, use this state directory to find a testing location near you.