Vaccination is the strongest defense against the delta variant. Get a free COVID-19 vaccine at a Minneapolis Health Department clinic. Walk-ins are welcome, and the vaccinations are free. You don’t need insurance, you don’t need an appointment and you don’t need an ID. Questions about the vaccines? Watch and share this video for 11 things you should know about COVID-19 vaccines.
Other ways to get a vaccine
Vaccines work. If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, get a free vaccine as soon as you can. About nine out of 10 Americans live within 5 miles of a COVID-19 vaccination site.
- To find the site closest to you, visit vaccines.gov, text your ZIP code to 438829 (GETVAX); or call 1-800-232-0233.
- Find COVID-19 vaccine appointments at the CDC’s VaccineFinder. You can filter by location and search for Pfizer only for 12-17-year-olds.
- Find vaccine locations and providers near you using the State’s interactive map.
- Sign up for the Minnesota COVID-19 vaccine connector in English, Spanish, Somali or Hmong to get contacted about vaccine in your area.
- Contact your primary health care provider or a local pharmacy.
Sick and safe time covers vaccine appointments
Accrued sick and safe time hours can be used to receive a COVID-19 vaccine and recover from any side effects. Learn more about the City’s Sick and Safe Time ordinance.