Crews this weekend will switch traffic on I-35W between I-94 and Highway 62 so construction can start on the I-35W north lanes. That will require a weekend closure Nov. 1-4. The details are below.
Please check www.511mn.org for real-time updates and a broader picture of metro area closures. Also, visit the project web page. All closures are weather permitting and subject to change.
Here is the list with highlighted updates:
- Weekend closure Both directions of I-35W north between Highway 62 and I-94 are closed from 10 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4. This is to switch traffic to different lanes of I-35W to allow for construction. The ramps will start closing at 9 p.m.
Detour: Highway 62, Highway 100, I-394 and I-94
- Lake Street is closed from 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4 between Second Avenue and Stevens Avenue for bridge demolition.
Please visit the web page for local Minneapolis street closures.
Here are some updates on some other projects in Hennepin County:
I-94 Minneapolis 22nd and 25th Avenue bridges http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/i94and25thavebridge
- I-94 west is closed between Highway 280 and I-35W from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. nightly through Saturday, Nov. 9. Detour: I-35E, Highway 36 and I-35W
- I-94 is closed in both directions between Highway 280 and I-35W from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 to 6 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 7. Detour: I-35E, Highway 36 and I-35W
I-94 Maple Grove to Clearwater https://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html
- Watch for overnight lane closures of I-94 in both directions starting at 7 p.m. and ending at noon westbound between Maple Grove and Rogers.
- Watch for overnight lane closures on I-94 east between I-494 and Highway 241 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. through November.
- I-94 east is reduced to one lane along the median between Wright County Road 19 and Highway 241 in St. Michael 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through Nov. 1.
- I-94 west is reduced to one lane along the median or shoulder between Highway 241 in St. Michael and Wright County Road 19 in Albertville through Nov. 1, Monday through Fridays.
- I-94 east between Highway 25 and Wright County Road 8 will be reduced to one lane from 6 p.m. to noon nightly through November.
- I-94 west between Wright County Road 8 and Highway 25 will be reduced to one lane from 5 p.m. to 10 a.m. through November.
Central Avenue bridge over Highway 12 Wayzata http://www.dot.state.mn.us/metro/projects/hwy12andcountyroad101bridge/
- Weekend closure Highway 12 is closed in both directions from 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1 to 5 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4 at the ramps to Central Avenue. Detour: Traffic will be sent up and down the ramps. Access to Central Avenue is closed.
- NEW Highway 12 is reduced to one lane between Wayzata Blvd and Bushaway Road from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1.
- The Central Avenue/County Road 101 bridge is closed through mid-November. See web page for detours.
- The ramp from Highway 12 west to County Road 101 south is closed through mid-November
- The ramp from Highway 12 east to County Road 101 south is closed through mid-November
- Watch for single-lane closures at the bridge and short-term ramp closures.
I-35W Fifth Street Bridge Minneapolis http://www.dot.state.mn.us/35w94/
- The 5th Street pedestrian bridge over I-35W is open. However, the project is not complete.
I-94 Maple Grove (Drainage repair on ramp from Hemlock Lane to I-94 west)
- Watch for shoulder closures on the ramp from Hemlock Lane to I-94 west
- NEW The left lane of I-94 east is closed between the Lowry Tunnel and Groveland Avenue from 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 1 to 6 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 2.
- NEW The right lane of I-94 east between I-394 and Groveland Avenue is closed from 10 p.m. Monday, Nov. 5 to 3 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6