Community Coordinator Role (15-18 hours/week)
Overview & Mission
The mission of KFNA is serving Kingfield by creating connections, building community, and fostering engagement. KFNA coordinates many much-loved events such as Empty Bowls, the Sap Tap & Pancake Breakfast, and Porchfest, as well as supporting neighborhood projects such as the Pollinator Pathway, community safety workshops, renter canvasses, and neighborhood history projects. This role serves as a key point of engagement and communication between Kingfield renters, homeowners, business owners, and neighborhood community members, and the KFNA Board of Directors. The position of the Community Coordinator will report directly to the Board of Directors.
Read more about KFNA’s Guiding Principles and activities on our website: kingfield.org/about/
- Outreach, Volunteer Development, Event Coordination
- Serve as the initial point of contact of KFNA – manage phone, email, and social media messages and requests
- Build relationships across neighborhood stakeholders – renters, homeowners, business owners, and community members via events, canvassing, and one-on-one meetings
- Recruit, manage, train, and support volunteers for KFNA’s regular events and programs and be an effective and relational leader of the volunteer teams who make our events happen
- Coordinate and bottom-line event logistics, budgets, materials, etc. – which includes effectively delegating roles and developing leadership of Board members and volunteers
- Depending on experience, this position may supervise additional part-time contractors
- Communication and Event Promotion
- Liaise between residents, businesses, the City, and other stakeholders
- Produce and coordinate effective, engaging print and social media promotion of KFNA and neighborhood events
- Produce weekly email newsletters and 2-3x/year print newsletters – including soliciting articles and coordinating printing
- Regularly maintain and update KFNA website and social media
- Fundraising Support and organization administration
- Manage an annual fundraising plan with the Board, including goals and materials for fundraising via KFNA events, grants, and end-of-year fundraiser
- Ensure organizational budget is maintained, financial reports are available, and proper legal paperwork is submitted in collaboration with the Treasurer and Accountant
- Coordinate and maintain databases of KFNA volunteers, donors, Board members, and supporters
- Attend relevant meetings, including monthly Board meetings (currently 7 PM on second Wednesday of month)
- The ideal candidate loves people and loves details: you have experience managing projects and events effectively for the sake of building community.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Strong personal time management and ability to balance a variety of projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Fluency with the Google Suite, website editing, email newsletter and financial tracking systems (currently using WordPress, Constant Contact and QuickBooks online). Basic graphic design experience is a plus (using Canva or similar).
- Availability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends when KFNA events and meetings occur.
- A commitment to the principles of KFNA, especially noting those in our Diversity & Inclusion statement and principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- This is an independent contractor position, renewable yearly upon board review.
- Pay $30-$40/hour (15-18 hours per week), depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
- Email letter of interest and resume in a single PDF to the KFNA Board President at
- The position is open until filled. We will begin reviewing applications May 31.
KFNA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBT individuals, and women.