As part of the 35W@94 reconstruction project, crews need to close Lake St. at I-35W, between Stevens Ave. and 2nd Ave., starting at 5 a.m. on Fri, Oct. 23, through November. During the closure, drivers and people walking should use the posted detour routes:
- Eastbound detour: Southbound Blaisdell Ave. to eastbound 31st St. to northbound Park Ave.
- Westbound detour: Southbound Portland Ave. to westbound 31st St. to northbound Pillsbury Ave.
- Pedestrian detour: Stevens Ave., 31st St., 2nd Ave.
People will still be able to access businesses and properties on Lake St. Crews need the closure to work in the median and on underground utilities.
Update on Lake Street construction
Crews are finishing road and sidewalk work on the south side of Lake St. between Blaisdell Ave. and 5th Ave. this week. Once this work is complete, lane reductions will remain on Lake St. with one lane in each direction through the winter. In spring 2021, traffic on Lake St. will be adjusted to one lane of traffic in each direction on the south side of the road so crews can work on the north side of the road. Here is what you need to know to access businesses on Lake St. right now:
- Drivers will still be able to drive on Lake St. but there will still be only one lane in each direction.
- Access to businesses will remain open, but drivers will not be allowed to park on Lake St. Parking is available on the side streets.
- While Lake St. is closed between Stevens Ave. and 2nd Ave., drivers will need to use the posted detour route to access Lake St. on either the east or west side of I-35W.