Thank you for helping promote the 2008 (and 25th Annual) National Night Out. Your group’s support was an important part of NNO. I’m happy to report that we had an outstanding NNO this year. Citywide, results included:
· At least 1111 separate, mostly small events.
· More than 62,000 participants (16.4% of the City’s population).
· Participation from blocks in 82 of 83 residential neighborhoods.
· Events on 216 blocks that that didn’t host NNO in 2007.
· 967 pre-NNO planning meetings.
· Collaboration with United Way, which resulted in food collection at 288 or more NNO events.
· Support (often increased) from returning local sponsors Minnesota Twins, Nickelodeon Universe MOA, Qwest, Target and KFAI Radio.
· Assistance from new local sponsors AAA, Minnesota Crime Prevention Association, Litin and MTN.
· Significant contributions from Holiday Stationstores, Roundy’s/Rainbow Foods, General Mills Foundation, The Shout! House and Castle Building and Remodeling.
National Night Out’s impact lasts far longer than one evening in Minneapolis. By bringing neighbors together block by block, NNO helps make a year-round difference in creating community, reducing fear, building leadership and improving safety.
Thanks again for getting helping out! By the way, the 2009 Minneapolis National Night Out is Tuesday, August 4.