Request your We Vote At MLK Park sign(s) at: https://tinyurl.com/2023WeVote
Minneapolis City Council Ward 8 Candidate Q & A, October 2023
This document was compiled by the Kingfield Neighborhood Association (KFNA) to educate voters about the four Ward 8 City Council Candidates and their ideas and experience towards issues related to housing, safety, budgeting, and governance. All candidates were offered the opportunity to answer all questions; if a question has been left blank, it is because a candidate chose to not answer it. If a candidate’s answer is truncated, it is because they went over the 150 per question word allotment. This election will be held with ranked choice voting; you can vote for up to three City Council candidates: https://vote.minneapolismn.gov/ranked-choice-voting/
Read the Ward 8 candidate responses here:
KFNA is a nonprofit, non-partisan neighborhood-based, community-led organization. We encourage all neighbors to exercise their right to vote and believe in the process of democratic elections and the value of civil debate. To learn even more about each candidate, please visit their websites and also read other Q&A’s produced by local organizations which you can access through the links or QR codes below.
Star and Tribune:
Get Out the Vote 2023, Kingfield Style!
As city elections approach, we are proud to continue two nonpartisan Kingfield traditions:
Here is the link for Kingfield property owners (south side of 36th Street – north side of 46th Street / east side of Lyndale – Stevens) to request a We Vote At MLK Park yard sign: https://tinyurl.com/2023WeVote. Simply request a sign, and a volunteer will place it in your yard. After the election, we’ll collect it for re-use in 2024. KFNA is proud to have been reusing these signs since 2017 and keeping them out of landfills.
Also, KFNA will host its traditional Polling Party all day on November 7 at MLK Park. We will have tents outside the building and greet neighbors with coffee, tea and treats baked by neighbors like you. We’ll also have a volunteer crossing guard at 41st Street to help neighbors safely cross Nicollet, and fire pits burning to help keep everyone warm. It takes a small army of volunteers to greet, feed, warm and safely cross our neighbors all day, and it’s so much fun! See all the ways you can help with the Polling Party at https://tinyurl.com/
- Get Out the Vote, Kingfield Style!
- Who should Run for the Kingfield Board? You, if you are interested in the following projects!
- KFNA 2023 Spring Social & Annual Meeting!
- Want to Serve on the KFNA Board?
- DFL Digital Caucus, sign up before 11:59 PM Tuesday March 14
- Did you know KFNA is Hiring?
- Thank you to the Kingfield and Lyndale History Hounds!
- Support KFNA with a Financial Donation this Give to the Max Season!
- New to Minneapolis? Election Day is Tuesday November 8th
- Reserve Your Kingfield Get Out the Vote Yard Sign today!
- Did you have fun at the Kingfield Polling Party Yesterday? We did!
- Read the August Edition of the South Nicollet News!
- It’s a Polling Party!
- Seeking Kingfield GOTV Primary Volunteers
- Proposed Minneapolis Redistricting Boundaries
- Minneapolis residents have 3 options to participate in the DFL Contactless Caucus in 2022
- Help KFNA Close Out 2021 on Strong Note; Make a Year-End Donation Today
- Kingfield has GREAT voter turn out–so let’s help Ward 5 increase their turn out too!
- Kingfield Annual Polling Party!
- KFNA’s October Board Meeting, 2021