Jazz Mobile at MLK Park
Wednesday July 15th 3:00-5:00pm
Ice Cream Social at MLK Park
Thursday July 16th 6:30-8:00pm
Bounce house, petting zoo, music, face painting, balloon twisting and Sebastian Joe’s ice cream.
Nature Play Group
Mondays 10am July13- Aug 3rd $15.00
Wednesdays 4pm July 22-Aug19th $30.00
Activenet # 51744
Wednesdays 6pm July 22- Aug 19th $30.00 (per family)
Activenet # 51740
Fall Sports Registration- NOW!
Multiple projects underway to shape award-winning park system for next 20 years – and beyond
The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) is undergoing what may be the most comprehensive planning effort in its 130 year history. Minneapolis residents are encouraged to get involved and help the MPRB with three distinct, yet deeply intertwined projects: Closing the Gap- Investing in our Neighborhood Parks, RecQuest, and Service Area Master Plans. Residents can get involved by attending a public meeting or subscribing to receive timely emails about the projects.
- Public Meetings
From June through September, multiple public meetings will be held in each quadrant of the city to share information about the projects. Meetings will be scheduled 15-30 days in advance. A full schedule is at www.minneapolisparks.org/closingthegap.
o June/July: Southwest Minneapolis
- 6 – 8 pm, Monday, July 20, Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Recreation Center, 4055 Nicollet Ave. S
- 6 – 8 pm, Tuesday, July 28, Lynnhurst Recreation Center, 1345 W Minnehaha Parkway
- Loring Community Center, 1382 Willow St: Meeting to be rescheduled on a date TBD
Anyone requiring meeting modification in order to participate should contact Emily Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-230-6415 in advance of the meeting.
Additional Meetings just in South Minneapolis scheduled:
- July 20th 6:30-8:30 PM, at Matthews Recreation Center
- July 21st 6:30-8:30 PM at Pearl Park Recreation Center
- July 22nd 6:30-8:30 PM at East Phillips Park Cultural and Community Center
- July 27th 6:30-8:30 PM at Powderhorn Recreation Center
- August 3rd 6:30-8:30 PM at Sibley Recreation Center
- August 4th 6:30-8:30 PM at Corcoran Recreation Center
- August 6th 6:30-8:30 PM at Longfellow Recreation Center
- August 10th 6:30-8:30 PM at Lake Nokomis Community Center
6:30 on Thursdays, MLK Park Field
Meet at the field, end at The Lowbrow. All adults welcome. Bring a glove if you have one. Teams and team names are selected anew each week. Team photos posted weekly along with the blow-by-blow at “Kingfield Softball”, a public Facebook group you are welcome to join.
You are invited to a special meeting about several Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) projects that focus on long-term park planning. These city-wide initiatives include Closing the Gap: Investing in Our Neighborhood Parks, RecQuest and Service Area Master Plans.
Thu., May 28 11 am – noon MPRB Headquarters, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis
Mon., June 1 6-7 pm MPRB Headquarters, 2117 West River Road, Minneapolis
Each meeting will give a brief overview of each initiative and provide you with information about how community engagement for each project will be combined as often as possible. Read more
Warm-up starts about 6:30 PM
MLK Park Field 3
Bring your glove and drop-in each Thursday and play! Teams are picked new each week. Join the Facebook Group for updates and weekly team photos!
Read it first! Now available online at http://kingfield.org/newsletter/
Coming to homes soon via the good ol’ US Post!