Board Meeting: June 13, 2012 7 PM– MLK Park
7:00 Call to Order and Welcome and Community Forum
7:15 Monthly Reports
- Treasurer—end of the year report
7:25 Board Business
Conflict of Interest Statements
- Election of Kingfield Representative for NCEC Voting Purposes
- Establishment of a KFNA NCEC Task Force: purpose to understand the funding guidelines, guide the Neighborhood Priority Plan process, determine how to best assure future funding for KFNA, and make recommendations to adjust the work of KFNA to fit funding expectations
Overview of Committee Structure, Committee Descriptions, review and approval of work plans and budgets for the year
8:00 Board Actions
Proposed resolution for board consideration to oppose the two constitutional amendment questions on the November 2012 ballot: Jess Alexander (KFNA Board) and Neighbor Betty Tisel, a proposal in 4 parts:
- Passing a formal resolution of opposition to both amendments.
- Formally “joining” each campaign.
- Publicizing our stance and opposition in the mailed newsletter and in the e-newsletter.
- Discussing how we as a neighborhood organization and as board members can engage the Kingfield community on these issues that bear so heavily on the values our Neighborhood Association was founded to promote: our sense of community, togetherness, inclusion, participation, diversity.
8:30 Further Committees, Task Force and Project Reports, as needed:
- Redevelopment Committee
- Green Committee
- Community Gardens
- Graffiti Grant for Soundwall Gateway
- Newsletter Committee
- Youth and Schools Committee
- Crime Prevention and Safety (CPaS) Committee
- Event Committee
- 40th & Lyndale TF
- Transportation Projects
- BRT /46th Street
8:45 Scheduling of time for Board Members to meet 1 on 1 with each other, and also sign up for volunteer commitments