Title: Equity and Justice Organizer
Classification: Full time, nonexempt, 32-40 hours/week, shared position between two nonprofit neighborhood associations
Salary: $18.00-22.00 per hour paid bi-weekly, depending on experience / 90-day probation period
Benefits: generous PTO accrual (13 days per year/pro-rated based on hours worked) 8 paid holidays, optional pre-tax employee-paid group Dental & Vison plans, optional 3% Simple IRA employer match
Schedule: Flexible hours. Some nights and weekends required.
Location: Co-working office in the Lyndale neighborhood in South Minneapolis at 35th and Nicollet
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and 3 references by email to
The most important aspects of the Community Organizer position are skilled communication, empathy, and relationship-building. The primary task is to increase – and retain existing – volunteer neighbor participation at both organizations. The Community Organizer will accomplish this through sustained, coordinated effort of volunteer recruitment and retention, and close work with the Executive Director and neighbor-leadership. The position reports directly to the Executive Directors of both organizations.
- Languages: comfortable with both spoken and written Spanish + English.
- Organizing Experience: time invested by living or working in a diverse community: direct organizing training or lived-experience preferred.
- Computer skills: basic data entry and graphic design, experience with email, What’s Ap, Excel, and Word
- Communication Skills: Strong writing ability; comfortable giving presentations and leading meetings. Social Media skills or willingness to learn.
- Proof provided of being fully vaccinated by start date.
The person hired for this position will work full-time (expected at 32 hours per week but could work up to 40 especially during spring and summer) split between the two organizations (we will consider part time employment if necessary to find the correct employee). This position will offer a broad variety of activities. Projects, tasks, and outreach activities will be determined in bi-weekly staff meetings. Flexibility in work hours is a must, nights and weekends are common. Time will be tracked by organization and work area. See below for a description of specific activities this position may be asked to participate in. KFNA and LNA are equal opportunity employers. [Read more…]