Curran’s (4201 Nicollet) has been extra good this year, so Santa is once again making a special trip into town! Come in for dinner Tuesday, December 11th between 5-7:30pm and get your picture taken with Santa (and receive a few treats if you’ve been extra good this year). This is the 30th Annual Event – make it your family holiday tradition and join him this year!
Be sure to stop by the ColorWheel Gallery this weekend for their 2-day Annual Holiday Bazaar + 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY! Saturday Dec. 8th and Sunday Dec. 9th – 2:00-8:00 pm. Enjoy sweet treats while shopping for unique gifts, funky art, and vintage treasures. Multi-cultural, non-traditional holiday cards, books and ornaments. Upcycled folk art, globally inspired fabrics, fashion, and decor, PRINCE INSPIRED Art & Icons. Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Christmas items. LOCAL Art, fabulous jewelry, body products, local artist coloring books & MORE! View their fantastic new exhibit of paintings by Tina Blondell, Marina Castillo & Tammy Ortegon. PLUS … ENJOY SPECIAL GUEST ARTIST POP UPs : Trunk Show by Anna Mazig of PROJEKTvonAnna Jewelry Design & Life Coaching thru Healing Stone Therapy with Marina Castillo. Everyone Welcome!
Speaking with diverse voices and located at 319 W. 46th Street, the ColorWheel Gallery aims to make art accessible to everyone, to promote local artists, and to offer inspiration to create more vibrant communities.
Take steps to make sure you receive what you ordered!
Every year around the holidays, there is an increase in packages ordered online and delivered to homes. This also can come with an increase in thefts when the packages are left unattended outside. Victims usually report the theft to their shippers so the police department may not know the extent of these thefts.
Doorstep delivery can be a crime of opportunity. It could be someone following a delivery truck or it could be someone who happens to be in the area and sees a package delivered.
In looking at the most frequently used delivery services, here are some suggestions the shippers made.
- Ship the package to a location where you know someone will be available to receive it. Consider selecting the “signature required” option.
- Send any FedEx package directly to a FedEx Office location near you or choose from several delivery options. You can have it held for pickup at one of the stations. You can go to www.fedex.com to find the nearest location or call 1-800-GO-FEDEX.
- UPS also has stores that a package can be routed to and have several options for delivery choices. Their information is www.UPS.com or 1-800-PICK-UPS.
- The United States Postal Service has a number of ways to track and secure safe delivery for your packages. You have options on how you want the package delivered as well as tracking and insuring the package. Many of their tips are similar to UPS and FedEx. More info: www.usps.com
As neighbors, if you see something suspicious such as a person picking up a package off your neighbor’s front step or a car following a delivery van, please call 911 immediately.
If you are a victim of this crime, please contact 311 or file a police report online. If you have suspect information, call 911. Depending on who was set to deliver your package, you can also file a mail theft complaint through the US Postal Inspection Service (go.usa.gov/x8WjE), file a lost package through UPS (goo.gl/AZc7IY), or file a claim through FedEx (goo.gl/p2NGL0). If you used another carrier, check with them on what you need to do in order to file a report for a lost or stolen item.
For further crime prevention resources, please visit: http://minneapolismn.gov/police/crimeprevention/index.htm
Santa is on his way… to Nicollet Ace Hardware (38th and Nicollet)! Saturday, December 1 from 11am to 1pm. Stop by for fun art projects around the store, and of course, to have your picture taken with Santa!!
Animal Community Service Day!
MLK Park’s 4-H Club will be hosting a service project at their November meeting and EVERYONE is invited! Help make toys and treats for animals at local animal shelters!
Sunday, November 18th
3:00 – 5:00 PM
MLK Park Rec Center, Multipurpose Room
4055 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55409
Please respond & RSVP with the following info:
- Number of youth & adults attending.
- If you are able to arrive a half hour early to help set-up, and/or stay 15 min at the end to clean-up.
- If you would like to bring a snack to share (limit $5-10 per family). Consider allergy friendly foods (popcorn, fruit, granola bars, etc.).
- If you can bring old t-shirts of any size or color that you don’t mind cutting up.
Adults, please consider being a Club Co-Leader:
They are looking for 2-5 adults who are willing to take lead and ownership of this club by January 2019, with a 4-H staff’s guidance.
To RSVP, contact Amy Collura at 612.596.2134 or email@example.com