Bring on the goodies! Happily baked for you by Apoy, Boludo, Curran’s, @gigiscafe, Lake Country School, @TheLowbrowmpls, @KyatchiMpls , @RoyalGrounds at #KingfieldEmptyBowls 2/7/19, 4-8 PM at MLK Park 4055 Nicollet!
Get your very own handcrafted bowl filled with delicious warm soup and support #BeaconInterfaith’s Nicollet Square at #KingfieldEmptyBowls! 2/7/19 4-8 PM at Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreation Center, 4055 Nicollet!
There are multiple upcoming opportunities to weigh in on the Neighborhoods 2020 Work Group recommendations. During the first week of December there will be five community meetings which are open to anyone interested. Work Group members are invited to listen to questions, comments, and concerns from residents.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018
9:00 – 11:00 AM
2323 11th Ave S, MPLS MN 55404
- Monday, December 3, 2018
6:00 – 8:00 PM
740 E 17TH ST MPLS 55404
- Wednesday, December 5, 2018
1:00 – 3:00 PM
4414 Humboldt Ave N MPLS 55412
- Thursday, December 6, 2018
1:00 – 2:30 PM
Little Earth Residents Association – LERA Conference Room
2495 18th Ave South MPLS MN 55404
- Friday, December 7, 2018
11:30 – 1:30 PM
Harrison Education Center
501 Irving Ave N MPLS 55405
What is Neighborhoods 2020?
The Neighborhoods 2020 process was created by the City Council to look at how the City serves and supports neighborhood organizations both internally and externally via finances, City staffing, organizational/advisory board oversight, and grant-funded programs. Each piece is important for equitable and high-quality services to be provided to residents. The Neighborhoods 2020 process comprises four important parts:
- consistent funding and programming for neighborhoods andother community-based programs such as the One Minneapolis Fund and the Community Innovation Fund;
- proper sizing and oversight of these programs by an advisory body;
- a consistent citywide community engagement policy for the City of Minneapolis that incorporates the Core Principles of Community Engagement; and,
- evaluating the Neighborhood and Community Relations Department’s service delivery model and making changes if necessary.
Learn more about the Minneapolis 2020 Work Groups and process here: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/ncr/2020
24 hours and counting…to Kingfield PorchFest 2018!
Go the Extra Mile & Support the Event! By purchasing a cool map, on a bandana! (Besides being used for way-finding, may be used to wipe away the sweat from so much dancing!) Purchase yours in advance here: https://goo.gl/5eKnKb or at the counter of one of our Event sponsors, Butter Bakery Cafe
We hope that neighbors have all received this in your mailbox already, but if you haven’t had a chance to read it yet our summer edition is now online here!