- Support your 8 neighbors running for 7 open seats on the KFNA Board of Directors!
- Learn about KFNA’s Financial Health and recent changes to your organization’s funding.
- Review some of the highlights of KFNA’s work this past year.
- Hear about the proposed KFNA Bylaw Changes and NRP Plan Modification.
- Be there for the launch of the new KFNA Community Visioning Survey!
- Cast your VOTES!!
We, the neighborhoods surrounding the Wells Fargo site at 31st & Nicollet, want to engage community members in picturing a vibrant, integrated cultural and economic area that offer opportunities for residents to shop, learn, engage, build skills, build wealth, and build connections in community.
We are seeking: renters, seniors, youth, BIPOC, those living in affordable housing, those who used to live in affordable housing, those concerned about housing prices, those who are unhoused, those who are looking for work and training, and those who have been trained and work as planners, architects, nonprofit managers, business owners, artists, and entrepreneurs, + people who speak different languages, practice different religions, and come from different cultures and call this city their home. Essentially we need EVERYONE to share their vision and ideas for what will make Lake and Nicollet a thriving community that will empower low-income residents and help them gain and retain wealth.
Stipends valued at $150.00 are available for community members to do this work!
Yes, YOU, most likely! Anyone 18 or older who rents, owns property, or manages a business between 36th-46th Street South, and from Lyndale Avenue to 35W is eligible for a seat on the board.
If you’re passionate, committed, and energized about our neighborhood and its future, you’re encouraged to apply, though KFNA specifically seeks to foster the leadership of people in whom neighborhood organizations have historically underinvested: people who rent, and people who identify as BIPOC (black, indigenous, people of color), LGBTQ+, youth, and seniors.
Why Would I Want to Run for the KFNA Board?
Because you care about your community! The KFNA Board of Directors works to support and promote the common good of the Kingfield neighborhood, through grassroots organizing around neighborhood issues, hosting and promoting events that build community, and ensuring our communal voice is heard.
How Do I Apply to Run for the Board?
Visit HERE to complete your application by midnight Wed. June 2nd.
What Are the Key Dates?
- Applications are due by midnight June 2.
- Applicants will attend the KFNA Annual Meeting on Wednesday June 9, 7-9 PM to introduce yourself to the neighborhood.
- Applicants understand that meetings are held every 2nd Wednesday and they will make it a priority to attend.
If you are interested in applying for a position on the Board of Directors submit this application form by June 2nd, 2021. If you want to meet or talk with a KFNA Board member to learn more before you do, please contact .
Read more about the responsibilities of KFNA Board Members here: KFNA Board of Directors_ 2021 Roles & Responsibilities-3
KFNA (the Kingfield Neighborhood Association) and LHENA (Lowry Hill East Neighborhood Association) have a need for a volunteer web consultant to help create a new website for a special joint-neighborhood project. Specifically, this volunteer will:
- Consult on the website needs; conceptualize creative ideas with the project team.
- Collaborate with the project team to create a design layout using an intuitive web builder, such as Weebly or WordPress.
- Design user-friendly and visually appealing interfaces.
- Train the team in the use and function of the site.
The time commitment is approximately 12 to 18 hours, May through June (estimated at 3 virtual meetings, independent research and design time, plus training) . If interested, contact Sarah Linnes-Robinson: